I was recently nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the wonderful blogger at Songs of Fragile Thunder ( check her out:http://songsoffragilethunder.wordpress.com/). Once you get nominated, you not only have to nominate some new bloggers, but also have to post 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions about yourself, and give your nominees 11 questions to answer. So, here goes nothing:)
11 Facts about me:
- I am deathly terrified of heights, so naturally, I don’t do roller coasters. At all.
- I have three siblings. Two brothers ( 8 years and 6 years younger than me) and an older sister ( two years older than me). We have a serious love/hate relationship.
- I love slam poetry more than I love listening to music. Shocker.
- I love meeting new people. I’m considered a social butterfly, but it takes me a while to truly trust someone completely. I guess that’s pretty obvious and ordinary.
- My favorite colors are all shades of blue.
- I always have something written on my hands or arms in sharpie, but I don’t ever see myself getting an actual tattoo. I’m terrified of needles.
- Right now, I have “against all odds” written in cursive on the side of my pointer finger, and “I’m running because I can’t fly” written on my hand in sharpie from a Civil War Documentary I had to watch for school. I actually wrote that while watching the documentary. During class. Opps.
- I started my blog about four months ago, and never thought I’d have even one follower. Every time someone follows me, I squeal. Out loud. No joke. It’s embarrassing
- I love food. Especially Indian and Chinese. They’re soo delicious!
- I am a huge fan of Doctor Who. And I don’t know who I like more: David Tennant or Matt Smith. Donna or Rose. It’s a serious problem.
- I am a perfectionist, which is good and bad and sometimes annoying.
Questions and Answers:
What is a particular memory that you cherish from early childhood?
My dad had just gotten knee surgery so he was using crutches. He took me out in the neighborhood to practice riding my bike without my training wheels. At one point, we were going down the hill and I took off! Not knowing how to stop, I started speeding down the hill and hitting trash cans, and my poor dad was trying to run behind me as fast as he could in his crutches, screaming my name. Not something I’m supposed to cherish, but it’s really memorable, because it was a great reminder for me that my dad has always got my back. I ended up falling in the end, though. Oh well.
When did you begin writing/blogging? Why?
I’ve been writing for years now. My first poem that I remember writing was in third grade, and it was titled, “Wacky Wednesdays”, but my more legit poetry didn’t come to me till Middle School. Like I said before, I started blogging a couple of months ago, and I hope to continue blogging in the future!
Why do you write what you write? Any inspiration?
On this blog, I write mostly poetry and it’s just the most comfortable literary style for me. My inspiration comes from everything and comes to me at any time. I have poems inspired by nature, songs, and people.
At this moment in your life, do you think there is one person/incident/thing/event/occurrence that heavily influenced you to become who you are today? What is it?
I don’t think there was just one thing, but rather a combination of many things. When people I loved left me, it taught me to be strong and be careful. When I was able to meet new, amazing people, it taught me to be optimistic and open minded.
What is a goal you have at the moment, and what is the obstacle you have that is holding you back from it?
I want to join a slam team nearby and then one day perform at the National Poetry Slam. However, where I live, there isn’t really a solid team for me to join, and I’m scared of making one because slam poetry isn’t popular here at all, so there would be a lack of committed members.
Describe yourself in 5 words.
Dreamer. Hopeful. Trustworthy. Forgiving. Kind.
What do you think makes more of a difference in this world: multiple small acts of kindness, or one large one?
Multiple small acts of kindness. An ocean is made up of billions and billions of water droplets.
Describe a childhood dream (goal/aspiration), if you had one. Is it still a dream in your life now? Why or why not?
After watching the T.V Show J.A.G I always wanted to be a military lawyer. Now, I strive to be a Civil Rights Attorney, only because now my focus has changed to the minorities in the world who are being denied their rights. It’s a problem, and I want to do something to change that.
What draws you to writing? Would you consider it a big part of your life, or something small that you do on the side?
Writing is a perfect way to express yourself. I wrote a poem about it a while back (https://raindropsandpoetry.wordpress.com/2014/03/01/why-i-write/) I think it’s a big part of my life, for I am almost always writing although I might not be posting.
Favorite type of music/food/clothing/anything else?
I can’t chose. Too many choices, sigh. I love everything.
Finally, what type of legacy would you like the world to remember you by?
I want to be remembered as the girl who changed the world with her words. I want to be remembered as the girl who never ever gave up.
Thanks for reading y’all. I know that was a long, long post. But without further ado, here are my nominees ( in no specific order). Congratulations! Keep it up!
Here are the questions I want you to answer.
1. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
2. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
3. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
4. What story does your family always tell about you?
5. What do you do when you’re nervous?
6. What do you miss most about being a kid?
7. When did you start your blog?
8. What is the habit you are proudest of breaking or want to break?
9. What’s one thing you love about yourself?
10. What’s one thing you hate about yourself?
11. What is your biggest fear?
Well guys, that’s it! Once again, thanks for reading and CONGRATULATIONS NOMINEES!
Have a great day ❤